- Water Efficiency
- Public Low Water Gardens
Public Low Water Gardens
Many local cities and organizations have public Xeriscape gardens to help people learn about low water use landscaping.
Local Gardens to Visit
- ACWWA - The ACWWA Administration Building, 13031 E. Caley Ave. In cooperation with local Boy Scout, Kenneth Williams, who earned his Eagle Badge for this project.
- Aurora - Aurora Municipal Center Xeriscape Garden, northwest corner of Alameda Pkwy and Chambers Rd; and the Kuiper High Plains Garden, 14201 E Hampden Ave.
- Boulder - Boulder Creek Xeriscape Garden, Sixth and Canyon St; Chautaugua Park Ranger Station; Boulder Energy Conservation Center, 17th and Walnut St.
- Colorado Springs - Mesa Xeriscape Demonstration Garden, 2855 Mesa Rd; and the Cottonwood Creek Park Xeriscape Garden, 3920 Dublin Blvd.
- Denver - It is located at Denver Water's Administration Building, 1600 West 12th Ave., Denver, 80254. Denver Water also has a Xeriscape demonstration garden at Stapleton's Central Park. Parking is available next to the garden at 33rd Ave and Alton Ct.
- Fort Collins - Fort Collins Xeriscape Demonstration Garden, 300 LaPorte Ave., the garden has more than 100 plant species.
- Longmont - The Quail Campus Xeriscape Garden, 310 Quail Rd, Longmont. The 5,000 square-foot garden has four different low-water use grasses and 42 varieties of trees, shrubs, and plants.
- Loveland - Jeff Peterson Xeriscape Garden, northeast corner of First St and Washington Ave.